For many people the thought of learning how to defend themselves gives them a mild anxiety attack. They don’t know where to begin and so they assume they have to find someone to teach them, which then leads to all sorts of additional angst, because the potential for getting scammed is real.
Or, they feel like they could learn some things on their own with a little guidance, but every time they try to find some information online it comes along with internet trolls and know-it-alls who make them feel like idiots for not knowing things.
You and I have both experienced that, haven’t we?
Let’s face it: You and I both know that the world is a crazy place. You’ve seen things yourself so you don’t need me to prove it to you. As you watch these news reports, videos, or protests, if you’re like me, you wondered…
“What if that happened to me?” “What would I do?” “What CAN I do?
You recognize that it’s important to keep yourself safe. You also know that you should be prepared to defend the people you care about, whether it’s a spouse, child, or some good friends or family.
But you don’t have a clue how to do this. Sure, you’ve watched a ton of movies and you’ve daydreamed about how you’d do this move, or pull off some cool thing you watched on TV the other night. But there’s no plan and you have no idea how you’d do it.
Twenty-six hundred years ago the Greek poet, Archilochus, stated the problem you face if you’re an unskilled person:
“We don’t rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.”
That leads to two questions you’ll have, and they are questions that, if you don’t answer them properly, can have frustrating and possibly catastrophic results.
“What do I do to get trained?” and “Where do I go to get training?”
Let me tell you what the “traditional way” of solving this problem has been, generally speaking.
First, after a brief internet search, the flashiest website, filled with pictures of trophies or images of their students in MMA fights, tends to attract the inexperienced potential student.
It doesn’t matter what the martial art is, the school’s philosophy, or whether or not the instructor was worth anything.
Or, they get sucked in to the latest craze of military-style “defensive tactics.” The uninformed internet searcher finds some guy in a t-shirt with a skull on it, with a fancy military-style hat and clothing.
He terrifies you with how dangerous the world is and how he’s got all the answers, if you’ll just sign up for his course NOW!
Listen, if you’re anything like me, you’re immediately put off by that kind of hype. Sure, the guy might know what he’s doing, but he might not.
He might have a slick presentation, an impressive resume, and a huge facility but the fact is that you’re unconvinced that you want to be some sort of Terminator or Rambo.
You’re a regular person. You’re happy with your life as it’s set up now. You don’t have a desire to flip your life upside down and become something you’re not. The guy with the dojo or the spec-ops school’s OK, you think, but you don’t want to be like those guys, no offense, of course.
And that’s absolutely fine but you’re still left needing training. Here’s where I come in with my Self-Protection Foundations Curriculum.
You see, I help untrained individuals and small groups of people achieve a high level of self-defense competency to protect their loved ones without joining an expensive martial arts school by meeting with them on their terms at an accessible rate.
Self-Protection Foundations includes ongoing instruction in the areas that you’ll need to take care of your people. These are the areas that need to be handled appropriately and in-context with the individual student. So, for the monthly rate of only $100 here are the areas we will cover together:
- The necessity and appropriateness of self-protection.
- The overall strategy for self-protection and the applicable tactics to be successful.
- The ranges in which each confrontation will take place and how to thrive in each range.
- The difference between “self-perfection” and “self-preservation” and why you can’t confuse the two.
- The use of the every part of the body in self-protection in easy to understand ways.
- The simple, three-step plan to use in nearly every self-protection scenario and why not using this plan can be potentially fatal.
- The role weapons play in self-protection and how to properly use them to achieve your self-protection goals.
- The need to approach the “mass attack” scenario with the right strategy and tactics to survive.
When you contact me about taking SPF we will discuss some foundational mental and emotional elements of your self-protection journey.
So here’s what you’ll receive when you register for my SPF curriculum:
- Weekly training sessions in Contemporary Jeet Kune Do and Filipino Martial Arts.
- All of the tools to train with that you get to keep forever!
- Ongoing, frequent communication from me with articles or videos to promote growth.
- A handwritten journal where I’ll write my personal thoughts and additional insights that you can refer back to in the future. *
* Because of the nature of this relationship I am focused on personalizing the SPF curriculum and tailor-making a game plan that takes into consideration specific elements of your life. In short, no two clients will have the same experience with me, while at the same time receiving a firm foundational course of instruction in Contemporary Jeet Kune Do and Filipino Martial Arts.
PLUS I’M OFFERING A BONUS! When you register for my Self-Protection Foundations curriculum I’ll add you to my PRIVATE Facebook Group for clients only! This will give you access not only to me but to other like-minded people who are working on developing their own self-protection skills!
This is serious business as much as it’s an enjoyable process. I want to make sure I’ve done all I can to equip you to protect yourself and your loved ones. Again, for a monthly rate of only $100 it’s hard to turn down the opportunity to become equipped in practical, proven, and positive mindset and techniques that have withstood the test of time.
I’m looking forward to hearing from you and helping you get started down the path to effective self-protection, the Progressive Fighting Systems way. I hope you are, too.
Give me a call at (361) 255-5496 or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get started!